Yuca Fritters

Happy Halloween! I wish I had a spookier, more on-theme post for you today, but if you need a dose of me getting carried away with Halloween, you could revisit my Harry Potter Double Potions post. Or, you could head over to my other blog to read about my fun Harry Potter festival experience in Philadelphia last weekend. HP is my jam, y'all.

Despite the lack of holiday spirit, I still really like today's post. Remember the mashed yuca I shared last week? Well, I used the leftovers to make some awesome fritters which were insanely easy to make. It's literally just two ingredients and it's easy to make as few or as many as you like.
Ingredients:
mashed yuca
oil for frying

Grab a skillet, fill with oil or shortening, and heat to 350F.
Use a small spoon or cookie scoop (I used a 1 tablespoon sized scoop) to drop blobs of mashed yuca into the hot oil. Cook for a few minutes until golden; if your oil is shallow, you'll have to move the fritters around to get them to cook evenly.
Drain the fritters on paper towels to wick away the excess oil and then serve while they're nice and hot.
These fritters are light and crisp and awesome. We had them with spicy black beans and some stuffed poblano peppers (the recipe for which I'll be sharing later this week), and some pico de gallo trumped up with sweet corn.
Here's the recipe page:

Comments