What I Ate: Tacos & Nachos

Guys, my patronus is a Siberian cat. What... the... motherflippin'... The thing about Pottermore is that once you've discovered something about yourself as a witch/wizard, there's no going back, which totally makes sense. It's not like Harry was like, "Uh, yeah, excuse me, wand? I don't fancy having a stag as my patronus. You mind?"

I was proudly sorted into Slytherin (Severus Snape is my hero) and my wand is basically the same as Bellatrix Lestrange's - same shape and aggressively unyielding - and I trust those results wholeheartedly so why am I so disappointed about my patronus? Well, I guess it's because I'm a stubborn dog person so I thought I would get something adorable like a saint bernard or a mongrel dog. Instead, I got some sort of fluffy cat, which I can't deny is stupid cute but just not my cup of tea. I have been told time and time again that I look like a cat (I think it's my super pointy cupid's bow and maybe my preference for cat eyeliner) and I like my independence and I can be standoffish at times, so maybe Pottermore knows what it's doing.

Anyway, let's get into today's post. Beyond this introduction, it's basically wordless (as you sigh with relief). Remember that hot sauce I shared on Friday that I used for fajitas? Well, I also used my freshly made habanero hot sauce as a condiment for tacos and for grilled nachos. We had tacos for dinner and then the nachos were made with the taco leftovers for lunch the next day. I made chipotle beef, cilantro chimichurri, pico de gallo, and we had some leftover tomatillo salsa. I actually made the chimichurri by hand (meaning I chopped up the cilantro with a knife) because I was too lazy to get the food processor out; I've got to say, it was kind of delicious to have big chunks of cilantro. The pico de gallo was also made rather lazily; I quartered the cherry tomatoes instead of giving them a finer chop, but as it turns out, the bursts of bright tomato are rather welcome when you're fighting through the spice of a fresh habanero hot sauce.
The day after we enjoyed the tacos, when our stomachs were mumbling on about wanting some lunch, I fried up the stack of leftover fresh corn tortillas to make the chips for nachos and they were awesome. Freshly fried tortilla chips that are made from freshly made corn tortillas are probably one of the most pretentious things I've made in my kitchen so far. But you know what? They're so good that it's worth being kind of a try-hard.

xoxo.

Comments