What I Ate: Korean Food (4)

Since I did a roundup of non-Korean dinners on Monday, I thought I would share some Korean ones too.
Seriously, I get so hungry putting these together, reliving the meals.

MEAL 1
I made this spicy soup with wheat noodles. It was different, but enjoyable. We had it with some flat meat marinated in kalbi seasonings, cucumber kimchi, and fried tofu.
MEAL 2
I made a chicken sujebi, which is just like chicken kalguksu except instead of taking the time to roll and cut noodles, you just tear the dough into flat dumplings.
MEAL 3
I marinated a steak in kalbi seasonings (so good) and sliced it up to eat with some ahl jjigae and seafood pancakes.
MEAL 4
 What's better than jeyuk bokkeum and Korean eggplant side dish
MEAL 5


We had a delicious crab jjigae and pork belly two ways (in ssam)
MEAL 6
We had cheese ddukbokki (made with fresh dduk) and kimbap with shishito peppers, which was awesome because every once in a while, you'd get a really spicy bite.
MEAL 7
On a particularly hot day when I didn't feel like making rice, I made bibim guksu and grilled up some kalbi.
MEAL 8
We went all out with a Korean feast of bo ssam, julienned radish kimchi, grilled saury, seafood jeongol, steamed egg, chicory salad, and baby bok choy.
MEAL 9
I made use of our flourishing garden to enhance our bibimbap. I added perilla leaves, sauteed some of the bok choy that was growing out of control, and added Korean chives to a fresh batch of julienned radish kimchi.
 I love Korean food because it's so festive and colorful. And I love doing these roundups so you can see what and how we actually eat. I think it's fun.

xoxo.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this lovely blog.. It's really awesome to know about Korean foods. Also I absolutely love Korean drinks! They are so refreshing and unique. I highly recommend trying them out if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!