What I Ate: Flatbread Pizza

A few weeks ago, a group of my coworkers and I met up to make some fresh mozzarella. My one coworker's cousin and her father were the instructors for the evening, and funnily enough, I had already taken their class through a local community education center. It was great to see them again and to interact with them on a more personal level.

We enjoyed delicious food, good conversation, and in the end, we left with a delicious ball of fresh mozzarella each. I brainstormed what I should do with the cheese and settled on pizza, mainly because I was also craving chicken wings.

I ended up making one of those floofy, fancy flatbread pizzas that we made fun of on mozzarella night. But hey, I don't mind those floofy, fancy flatbread pizzas, especially because it means that we also get a decent dose of vegetables whilst we indulge.
If you ever get a chance to enjoy freshly made fresh mozzarella, I highly recommend it. The texture, the temperature, the flavor is other worldly.

We topped our pizza dough with a generous drizzle of olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, chopped oregano (fresh from the garden), roasted & charred tomatoes, torn fresh mozzarella, fresh figs, a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of honey.
After it came out of the oven, all bubbly and bronzed, it was topped off with torn prosciutto and torn basil leaves.
I also made a batch of crispy hot wings. Seriously, the combination of pizza and wings is unbeatable.
We ended up with a colorful and delicious meal.
xoxo.

Comments