Korean Sprouts Side Dish {Soy Sauce} | Kongnamul Moochim (콩나물무침)

Happy Columbus Day! I have off from work today so I get to spend this amazing autumn weather hanging out with my pup at the park.

Our grocery store carries mung bean sprouts without the actual beans, which has been kind of exciting. They don't have it every week, but when they do, we usually snatch up a few bags because they make the easiest banchan.

I decided to share this recipe because it's slightly different from the moochim that I shared previously. This version uses soy sauce instead of salt and has the addition of perilla leaves. We had a surplus of perilla leaves at the end of the season and I wanted excuses to use it before our garden completely died and I loved the way this turned out.
Ingredients:
8 oz. mung bean sprouts
1 clove garlic, minced
1 hot pepper, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
15 perilla leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
½ teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon sesame seeds

Basically, you just blanch the sprouts in boiling water for a minute or two and then drain.
To the still-warm sprouts, add in the rest of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, and then toss to combine.
Pile into a serving dish and then garnish with sesame seeds and serve! It's crazy fast and easy but so delicious. My family definitely enjoyed it; it was gobbled up within minutes.
Here's the recipe page:

Comments