What I Ate: Chicken Noodle Soup

So it's technically Spring - the official start was on Friday - but it's still cold. I mean, we started the season with several inches of snow, which was just so stupid. Plus, since this is a season known for its rain, I think that chicken noodle soup is super appropriate, at least for the next month or so. I used my go-to recipe except I added in 1/4 grated parmesan (for its delicious salty flavor) and minced parsley instead of the tarragon. Oh, and I decided to use matchstick egg noodles because I was craving Katz Deli's chicken noodle soup, and that stuff is overflowing with delicious skinny egg noodles.
I made a huge pot of this over the weekend so I could eat some immediately and also have some to take to work for lunch. It was delicious. Instead of cornish hens (which looked really unappealing and disfigured at the store that week), I used a whole butchered chicken (giblets and all) to make the stock. And actually, only half of the stock went into making this soup. The other half was used for dinner later in the week.

I love how yellow and delicious this homemade chicken soup is.
I love noodles so I would've added an entire package but my sister loves broth so I had to show some restraint.
xoxo.

Comments