What I Ate: Kielbasa Hash & Eggs

Good mornin' y'all! I'm headed down to humid, possibly rainy, possibly sun-drenched, sexy Miami this morning for a bachelorette shindig. Whoo! I'm in such a good mood. The bride-to-be, D, slept over last night and we're up and getting ready to go to the airport.

As you may or may not know, I'm a travel bug so I'm used to buzzing in and out of airports so I'm feeling pretty crystal cool right now. I've got my bags packed, I'm checked into my flights, and I'm all geared up and ready to go.

The only thing missing is a hearty, substantial breakfast. I can't survive a day without eating something in the morning. Since we're in a hurry today, we'll probably grab something on the go. But, if we had the luxury to sit down to a meal, I'd probably want to make this kielbasa hash with a lovely runny-yolk fried egg chucked on top.
I love making hash for breakfast. I just grab whatever we have in the pantry and fridge, saute, brown, season, and top with a fried egg. It's not super elegant but it's delicious, hearty, filling, and it gets my morning started off on a really good note. This particular morning (meaning the day I made this, not today), I used potatoes, garlic, mushrooms, onion, hot peppers, kielbasa, and cayenne pepper for a spicy kick. So good.

Cheers!

Here's the recipe page:

Comments