What I Ate: Madeleines

My madeleines post from 2012 was the first one that featured a "recipe page." It was about a month or two after I'd gotten an iPad and I'd just bought a stylus and treated myself to the program 'Noteshelf' as it was on sale. I found that there was a recipe template in the types-of-paper section and in a flash, I knew I had to use them for my blog. My sister had been complaining that it was too difficult to scroll through the entire set of directions between the photos when she was actually trying to make something from the blog. But, I didn't want to use a conventional recipe card so this was a great solution. I thought that if they were written in my own handwriting, they'd look more personal and cute. And, I think they've been a successful addition. Even I find that they're super helpful and convenient.

Today's post is just a 'What I Ate' so if you want detailed instructions, you'll want to go back to my older post or just read the recipe page (scroll way down for that). I just wanted to share this post to remind everyone of how awesome madeleines are and also because my food photography skills have improved (as has my equipment) and madeleines are so adorable that they deserve a proper photoshoot.
Ingredients [yields 1 dozen]:
½ stick of butter (¼ cup) + more for greasing
2 eggs
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup flour
zest of 1 lemon
+ powdered sugar

This recipe page looks a little rough around the edges but it's still cute, right?

Comments

  1. These look great! I hope to make these sometime next week. You have a lot of scrumptious looking recipes on your blog I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works out and if you enjoy the recipe!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!