Thanksgiving 2013

Happy Black Friday! Instead of going shopping, today I'm going to 'Color Me Mine,' which is a pottery painting place.

Anyway, Thanksgiving in our house was quite successful. We had more people over than I'm used to cooking for but it was delicious and everyone had a great time and we were all stuffed and happy when the meal was finished.
Here's what was on the menu:
I didn't take as many photos as I wish I had yesterday, especially of the finished feast, because the whole party was waiting to eat and I was too busy getting things ready, but I think I took enough photos for you to get a pretty good idea. Click after the jump to see my photo diary!

{cranberry sauce}
{cranberry sauce}
{turkey in brine}
{vanilla bean bread pudding}

{cornbread mini muffins}
{ooey gooey mac & cheese}
{mushroom sauce for the green bean casserole}
{gummy bear ice mold}
{bear!}
{comfiest slippers for cooking in}
{crostini}
{11 lb. turkey, massaged with butter, stuffed with aromatics, and ready to go in the oven}
{cheese board}
{roasted garlic | tomato bruschetta | pepperoncini peppers & pickles}
{green beans tossed in the mushroom sauce}
{stuffing}
{tenderloin being brushed with dijon mustard}
{beef tenderloin crusted with black peppercorns and rosemary}
{roasted turkey}
{white wine sangria with fizzy moscato}
{our banquet}
{we also had a sweet potato casserole with a brown sugar crust and kimbap, courtesy of my cousin (not pictured)}
{also not pictured: the cranberry sauce!}

{my full plate}
{the turkey was delicious, the beef tenderloin was tender, the rice was fluffy, the macaroni was cheesy, the cornbread was moist, I could go on but I should just quickly summarize and say everything was wonderful.}
{my sangria chilled by a cranberry ice bear}
Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Days as much as I did. Now, it's time to plan the Christmas menu. This is why this is the most wonderful time of the year: because (for me) it's so food-driven.

Comments