What I Ate: Chicken Souvlaki Pita

For me, summer time means making use of the grill because 1) grilled food tastes so good and 2) it keeps the house from heating up too much. Even if it's raining, I'll just break out my grill pan; I'll find a way to grill! These photos are from a dinner I made a few weeks ago - using a grill pan - because our actual grill was broken - but don't worry, I bought a new one (and you'll be reading about it soon).

We had chicken souvlaki pitas with lots of bright and colorful veggies (tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, avocado), fresh chopped parsley, pickled pepperoncini peppers, and homemade tsatsiki on a homemade pita. Homemade pitas are the best.

{making the pitas}
{used this meyer lemon olive oil to give the pitas a little something extra}
{the dough rising. the dough punched down. the dough divided. the dough rolled out.}
{cooking the pitas in a bit of butter}
{cooking the chicken on a grill pan}
{these are chicken thighs marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and parsley}
{veggies & tsatsiki sauce}
{an individual sized Greek yogurt made a perfect portion of tsatsiki for this meal}
{here's the chicken, cooked and chopped up next to a pile of cooked peppers, onions, and mushrooms}
{and here's a shot of everything}
{assembling my pita}
{start with some chicken, then some avocado, and then onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, and parsley}
{top with a little tsatsiki and roll}
{looks good, right?}
{chomp. chomp.}
Cheers!

Comments