Basil Sliders with Crispy Pancetta

The last slider post I'm sharing (for this week, at least) is a recipe for basil sliders with fresh mozzarella. This is definitely one of the fancier slider recipes that I'm sharing. It's a way to impress your summer time guests.

Ingredients [makes 8 sliders]:
½ lb basic burger mix
2 tablespoons chopped basil
2 tablespoons grated parmesan
fresh mozzarella cheese
pancetta
8 slider buns
Combine the burger mix with the basil and parmesan cheese. Split the mixture into 8 portions and then form the sliders by wrapping the beef mixture around a piece of the mozzarella cheese.

I love the way the basil chiffonade looks in the patties.
Cook the sliders.
Cut up some pancetta and crisp up the pieces in a hot pan. Place the cooked pancetta on a paper towel to drain the oil.
Place the sliders on a bun and top with the crispy pancetta. Those crispy little Italian bacon pieces are calling to me.
I love sliders. They're so cute, right?
And biting into a tiny slider to find ooey gooey mozzarella cheese inside is a pretty great surprise.
Serve with a little raspberry lemonade. I feel like this is the epitome of an "all American" meal. You've got burgers (the baby version of burgers, anyway), lemonade, fries, and there's ketchup in the background. I'm proud to be an American!
Here's the recipe page:

Comments