What I Ate: Pizza with Arugula

This is a great pizza recipe for brunch. It's got salty prosciutto and asiago cheese, sweet sun-dried tomatoes, soft fresh mozzarella cheese, spicy arugula, and the thing that makes it brunch-y: a fresh cracked egg.

This 'What I Ate' post is going to be a little different, as I decided to make a video, which I haven't done before (on this blog, anyway). I'm hoping to get into the groove of filming more and more, as it's also a fun hobby, in addition to blogging and photography.
{making the dough}
{this is a double recipe - 2 cups of bread flour}
{preparing the dough}
{split it in two so I could make two pizzas}
And this is where I began filming:

So to make the pizza, I pressed the dough into a flat disk, rubbed a bit of olive oil all over and then sprinkled on some garlic. Then, I spread a bit of tomato sauce all over and sprinkled on some dried basil, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and fresh cracked black pepper. And I grated some asiago cheese all over the pizza. Then I stuck it in the oven (350 degrees) for about 10 minutes or until the dough started to puff up. I pulled the pizza out and topped it with prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and a fresh cracked egg. The pizza went back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the whites of the eggs were soft-set. It came out of the oven again and I added a bunch of arugula and then popped it right back in the oven for just a minute or two to barely wilt the arugula.
{the finished product}
{the egg makes me so happy}
{the wilted arugula makes me happy too}
{yum.}
{happiness = an oozy egg yolk}
{colorful food is the best food}
{buon appetito}
Cheers.

Comments