Great Googa Mooga 2013

The Great Googa Mooga is a foodie festival that debuted last year. I heard and read a lot of reviews last year that said the event was unorganized and chaotic, that the lines were unbearably long, and worst of all: a few booths ran out of food.

I was at Googa Mooga on Saturday and it was awesome. The weather was less than perfect but the food was delicious and I had a lot of fun.

I didn't take too many photos, since I was busy eating, but here's a list of what I ate:

  • The World's Best Mac & Cheese from Beecher's Handmade Cheese
  • Beef Tongue Pastrami Sandwich from Craftbar
  • Smoked Meat Sandwich with Potato Salad & Sour Pickles from Mile End Delicatessen
  • Pork Belly Tacos from Colicchio & Sons
  • Truffle Burger from Umami Burger
  • Cardamom Ice Cream with Cocoa Nibs from Big Gay Ice Cream
  • Sweet & Salty Brownie from Baked
  • Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwich with Snicker Doodle Cookies from Melt Bakery
My favorite savory item was the truffle burger. It was so delicious. My favorite sweet item was the ice cream sandwich. The snicker doodle cookie was chewy and delicious and the cinnamon ice cream was perfectly sweet and creamy.
{a bunch of the booths}
{lots of people & music & food}
{truffle burger from Umami Burger}
{hamageddon}
{the pig farted a barbecue scented steam every hour}
I can't wait until next year. I'll definitely be going back.

Cheers!

Comments