Braised Chicken (Soy & Honey)

This recipe has no back story or origin in my life. The reason I made it was that I knew I wanted to eat chicken drumsticks and I wanted it to taste like kalbi jjim. Isn't that a fun story? (SARCASM).

Ingredients [serves 4]:
1.5 lbs chicken drumsticks (4 or 5 drumsticks)
2 cups water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 yukon gold potatoes
1/2 sweet onion
4 cloves garlic
2" piece of ginger, peeled
handful of baby carrots
This recipe is actually really easy. Just chop up the vegetables, put all the ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to a simmer, put a lid on it, and let the ingredients cook for an hour, gently. Then, remove the lid, pump up the heat and let it really boil for around 15 minutes to allow some moisture to evaporate so the sauce can thicken a bit.

Serve warm. This is actually just as good, if not better, the next day.
Serve with rice.
Here's the recipe page if you need it:

Comments