Meatloaf

Everyone and their mother has a meatloaf recipe. Well, I have one too. It's nothing fancy, but I love it because there's Sriracha involved, and that makes my stomach roar.

Ingredients [serves 4]:
1.25 lbs ground beef (I like 90%-10% ground sirloin)
1 egg
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1 potato roll or 2 slices of potato bread or any other type of fluffy bread, torn into small pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Sriracha + 2 tablespoons for the sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup + 2 tablespoon for the sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar (for the sauce)
+ other seasonings you like and think will taste good in this, e.g. garlic, garlic powder, Worcestershire, soy sauce, chopped parsley, etc.
Mix meatloaf ingredients together (beef, egg, onion, bell pepper, bread, ketchup, and Sriracha). I added a few extra things - garlic & wine seasoning (which I "borrowed" from The Melting Pot) and minced garlic. Don't mix too much and don't squeeze the meat to mix it or else you'll have a really tough and gross meatloaf.

Form into a loaf-ish shape on a sheet pan. I covered my pan in foil for easy clean up. You could definitely use a loaf pan if you want but I like to have extra surface area for the sauce, so I like to do it this way.
Mix Sriracha, Ketchup, and brown sugar and spread it all over the surface of the meatloaf.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Meatloaf should be cooked through all the way, not pink in the center like a burger.
Slice to reveal all the yummy stuff that was mixed into the beef.
Serve with your favorite carb and favorite vegetables. I chose wild rice, haricots-verts, and mushrooms.
And if there are leftovers, it goes great in a sandwich. Squirt on a little extra ketchup and Sriracha and you're good to go.
Here's the recipe page:

Comments