Spicy Shrimp

Shrimp is one of the easiest proteins to throw together for dinner because it cooks up really quickly. My sister likes to make it with paprika, which I really like because it's smoky/spicy/sweet and adds a lot of flavor with practically no effort. I was inspired by that when I decided to do an even spicier shrimp with Sriracha sauce.

Ingredients [serves 2 for dinner, 4 as an appetizer]
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled
1 tablespoon Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon paprika
drizzle of olive oil
Mix everything together and let it marinate for a few minutes. The longer you let it sit, the more the spices will penetrate the shrimp.
I like to cook my shrimp on a grill pan but a skillet is fine or if you're feeling up to it, you can fire up the outdoor grill. I would recommend sticking the shrimp on a skewer though, if you want to cook it on the barbecue. The pan (or grill) should be screaming hot before you put the shrimp on. Let them cook on the first side for two minutes until you start to see the edges turn pink and opaque.
When you flip them, there should be a nice char on the surface. They only need to cook for a minute on the second side.
Serve immediately so they're still piping hot.

Comments