Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

... a.k.a. Treasure Cookies, via Eagle Brand - except I tweaked the recipe a bit to my preferences. I learned about this recipe from my cousin who learned it from her husband. It's so sad that I went through the majority of my life without knowing about them because they're so good.

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Boxes of graham crackers usually have three little individually wrapped packets of about 10 crackers. Each one will make about 1-1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs - exactly what's required of this recipe.

Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Whisk it together until it's mushed up and then add in the condensed milk and whisk until it's combined.
Add the dry ingredients (crumbs, flour, and baking powder) to a bowl and stir with a fork until the mixture is uniform.
Then, add the dry ingredients to the butter and condensed milk. Whisk until a batter forms, then add in the coconut and chocolate chips.
I used my new cookie scooper and silpat to make the cookies!
Ass soon as the cookies are done, remove them from the cookie sheet and let them cool on a rack. To store the cookies, layer them in between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container. These cookies are really chewy with crispy edges; so good.


Comments