Turkish Travels, Cappadocia

On our fifth day in Turkey, we took a day trip out to the Cappadocia region - think cave hotels. For breakfast, we had chicken nuggets and curly fries at Arby's and some desserts from Hafiz Mustafa (bought the evening before). I actually ended up having an allergic reaction to one of the baklava pieces - I believe there were peanuts in them even though I was told it was made with hazelnuts. Thank goodness my allergy isn't fatal!
Once we arrived in Cappadocia, we took a shuttle to the town we were going to explore, Göreme. We were feeling hungry so we went and got lunch at Kale Terasse. I had the "beef with vegetables cooked in a pot" while D had "chicken with vegetables cooked in a pot." The dish came with rice and a salad and they gave us some pita bread on the side as well. The food was fabulous! Probably the best Turkish meal I had the whole time I was abroad.
Later in the afternoon, after we explored the Open Air Museum, I was feeling peckish so while D indulged in some cookies and tea, I had the kebab dish that's cooked in a clay pot. They bring this enclosed clay pot to your table and crack it open; it's really cool. The kebab wasn't as delicious as what I'd had for lunch but it was still really yummy. Plus, that whole thing with cracking the pot open was fun.

Comments