Fruit Pizza

Remember the dough from yesterday's post? Here's how I used it:

Other Ingredients


Knowing I wasn't going to have a chance to eat much fruit later on, I didn't want to buy whole containers of berries. So instead, I just bought fruit from the salad bar at my local grocery store. That way I could buy just what I needed, no more, no less.


I took the dough and just pressed it into a pan using my fingers. I actually used the bottom of my springform pan, which is 9". I covered it with saran wrap and let it rest for 5 minutes.
I baked it at 350 for about 10 minutes until it was golden brown and fluffy. I let it sit on a rack for an hour until it was completely cooled. Then I sliced it into 8 pieces. The crust is nice and thick and hearty, which works better for this dish than a wimpy thin crust that wouldn't really withstand the weight of what's to come below.
I made a spread using the cream cheese, sugar, and greek yogurt. I started with room temperature cream cheese and whipped it using an electric mixer to get it light and fluffy. Then I added in the sugar, a little at a time, whipping until it was smooth and the sugar was dissolved.
Next, I added in the yogurt and mixed using the electric mixer until it was thick and creamy and smooth. It had the consistency of sour cream. This makes a great dip for fruits; it would be great on a fruit platter in the summer time.
Then I got my fruits ready. I sliced the strawberries and cut the kiwis into more manageable pieces. The blueberries were fine, as is. Other fruits that would be nice: raspberries, blackberries, peach slices, pineapple, apple slices, pretty much anything that's not overly juicy - like orange slices. However, orange segments would be delicious. Banana would be great as well, but I'd give the slices a squirt of lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
I slathered on the cream cheese/yogurt mixture (onto the pre-cut crust), sprinkled on the fruits, and then decided that a drizzle of honey would be nice.
Since the crust was pre-sliced, it's really easy to serve. Just pull a slice out and plate.
So yummy.

Comments