Thanksgiving Prep - Centerpiece

We always host Thanksgiving and I always direct 100% of my energy on the food but this year, I was given the week off from work so I decided to put some energy into the decor.

I'm working on making a centerpiece and I spent a lot of time trying to find a project that was affordable but still pretty, something that wouldn't look overly homemade (I like when the results look professional and store-bought), and I didn't want it to scream, "THANKSGIVING!" I wanted the centerpiece to be versatile enough to perhaps be used during other holidays or just as a decorative piece all year long.

I went to Michaels and bought an 8" styrofoam ball, a packet of red tissue paper, and a 2" terracotta flower pot tray.

My original intent was to make little paper flowers out of the tissue paper but it started to have that homemade craft look to it so I just rolled pieces of tissue paper into little balls and started hot gluing them to the styrofoam. I glued the styrofoam ball to the flower pot tray for stability.
I'm not finished yet, but I think it's starting to look pretty good.

Comments